Accessing Aphasia Therapy

How do I see a therapist for treatment of my aphasia?

If you have been seen in the past, you should contact the department where you were seen.

Speech & Language Therapy

If you are unsure how to find your local speech and language therapist, contact your local hospital and ask for speech and language therapy. Once through to the department you can explain that you want a review of your aphasia.

You can link to the Speech and Language Therapists professional body at This will give further information about accessing therapy - including private therapy and also more information about aphasia.

If you live in the North East why not contact NETA about attending our Support Centre, which provides ongoing support and well being. More information can be found by clicking here.